Autumn is here.


Sock sliding on the floor downstairs // Wearing socks again // PULLOVERS // High-neck pullovers // Ugly and beautiful pumpkins // My siblings gathering beech nuts // Wearing my black ankle boots again // Kate and William's Canada tour this year // Dark evenings // The sound of rain // People posting pictures of hot drinks and orange vegetables all over the Internet // Tea // To-Do Lists // Journaling in my 'so darn happy' notebook that Emma gave me // Chatting with said person // Long emails from good friends // Writing down loads of ideas for my book // Singing // The book of Ecclesiastes // Psalm 119 // Tom+Barbara (in Call the Midwife) // My washi tape collection // The smell of September sunshine // The feel of cool autumn-y-ness in the air // Leaves // Apples // Carrie Underwood singing basically any song // Right now I can't stop listening to 'Good Girl.' // The Andrews Sisters // Old trains // Lightbulb-strings // Stars // 11:00 pm // My room at 6:00 pm when it's like gold in the sunset // Buying little girly stuff // My little sister Susanna starting to talk // Long trousers // Youth Group // The kids at Youth Group who come wearing their pyjamas // Eating crisps in the evening // Scott Joplin // The moon // When cities sparkle in dark rainy evenings // The love interest in my book // Martha, my protagonist // Biscuits that are dry and squishy at the same time (?) // People who literally do not care about the way they look // Pyjamas with long sleeves // Sending a letter to a youtuber (Katie Gregoire) // Chocolate // Playing the guitar // 'My Lighthouse' // The way world maps look // Flowery paper // Letters from Emma <3 // Memories // Fruit // People who aren't ashamed of what they believe // Good sermons // Weird and cool dreams in which I meet fictional characters in person // Dreaming in general // Making people laugh // Prayer // Autumn is here. (Just in case you didn't know that.)

21 comments:

  1. This is very pretty.

    Only I can see you were trying to make me wish it was autumn and I still stand firm - I AM HAPPY IT'S SPRING.

    ;P

    Also, people come to your Youth Group in pajamas?!

    And you call them 'crisps' too?! Am I the only one in the world who doesn't?! :P

    Ooohh, Susanna is starting to talk?! <3 <3 <3

    OH MY GOSH I LOVE THE SONG 'MY LIGHTHOUSE'. That'll be my favourite song of the year, I think, 'cause it also involves a lot of good memories when we sang that/listened to it.

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. "I stand firm." Ha. :-) I wasn't TRYING to make you wish it was autumn... I just shared my excitement for it. :-)
      Yes they do. Or they did, because it was a movie night last time.
      No, alllll the Americans call 'em chips. WHICH IS WEIRD.
      I love it too. :-)

      Delete
  2. It's sweet springtime in Oz! Which means fruit tree blossoms, green grass, semi-warm weather but rain and storms most of the time this year. You're doing Ecclesiastes too? My church is going through the book at the moment! I found it boring at first but last week I heard one of the best sermons I've ever heard and that was my pastor preaching from Ecclesiastes so yeah definitely some gems in there! Enjoy your autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Spring then!
      I read Ecclesiastes two weeks ago; but it's always been on of my favourites. It has some excellent verses and I think it's extremely perspective. =)

      Delete
  3. Autumn!! My favorite season :) all of these words make me so happy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I'm glad you liked this. :-)

      Delete
  4. Ah, yes. So many wonderful things to love and enjoy! :D

    Your little sister is starting to talk??!! How fun! My nephew is doing that, too, and it's adorable!! He's like a little parrot, repeating everything we say. :D

    I'm so glad you're getting more ideas for your story!! That's wonderful! Keep up the good work! Have you ever tried getting any of your stories published? Because I WANT TO READ THEM SOMETIME! (And I'm not just saying that. I really do. Your writing is so good. :))

    Have a lovely, lovely Autumn, my dear!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know - they're just like parrots. The funniest thing she says is 'more.' She just goes around ordering people. It's hilarious.
      AWWW. Well, that IS the dream! Hopefully some day!!! :-)
      You too!

      Delete
  5. "When cities sparkle in dark rainy evenings"...I love that too. It's so pretty and magical. And meeting characters in dreams! I've met actors in dreams, but I don't think I've met characters. Not yet anyway!
    This post was so tantalizing! In a good way -- our fall isn't quite here yet -- it's more like summer is slacking off because it's tired of being so hot and muggy, but fall hasn't taken the hint just yet. But this post made me excited for everything to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have met actors too - in the last cool dream I had there were several Call the Midwife characters - I guess I really have watched A LOT of Call the Midwife, ha.
      Aw, thank you! I'm excited as well. (We're in the same stage, actually. Summer is still SOOORT of here.)

      Delete
  6. So beautiful. :) I loved it all, but this especially stuck out to me: "When cities sparkle in dark rainy evenings."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yesterday we were driving through Brussels in the evening after choir rehearsal and it was beautifully sparkly. :-)

      Delete
  7. My favorite season is Autumn. <3 And then it goes Winter, Summer, Spring. Spring is too muddy and chilly for my liking. Anyway, I love this post! (As usual.) So many things you've listed are among my favorites, too: the sound of rain, chocolate, the smell of September sunshine...and so many other things. :)

    Also, Psalm 119. I love it.

    Have a lovely Autumn!

    ~Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Spring and Summer a LOT, but I think the colder seasons are my favourite too. :-) Thank you for your comment, Eva! Have a great Autumn as well. :-)

      Delete
  8. *happy sigh* I love autumn . . .

    Pumpkins are beautiful, period. ;-) (But of course, I'm from New England so I'm kinda biased.)

    CARRIE UNDERWOOD YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS. Have you heard her song "Something in the Water," btw? It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful - and even the ugly ones are beautiful. :-)
      I LOVE CARRIE UNDERWOOD SO MUCH. Like I'm in SUCH a CU mood right now. Yes I have, but not enough! :-)

      Delete
  9. I love this. Autumn and this post. And you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes!!! All of these things! I love Autumn. Love the pictures, too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh like Meg said I wish it was autumn here but alas summer is on it's way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hah, I love how internet is on here! YES TO THAT. Followed your blog (;

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.