Short little post in which I make a Genius wish.


I had a GENIUS idea the other night.

What if there was a CHUMMY voice on the gps? (You know, the map-thing with the voice people have in their cars. The Tom-tom. The gps. Whatever you call it.) I mean, it would be SO much more fun, if you had the directions directed by Chummy! It would be "I say, old sport, do turn right" instead of the boring, "After 100 metres, turn right." And, "If you would be so kind as to (*small breath*) take the second route on the following round-about, that would be tickety-boo" instead of, "Take the second road on the roundabout." And, "I say old bean, you've done it. Jolly well done," instead of the husky computer voice telling you that "You've reached your destination."

A Jeeves voice would be hilarious too. "Turn left, sir." "Take the exit, sir." "Thank you, sir."

Somebody make these. SOMEBODY PLEASE; hire Miranda Hart and make. it. happen. It would make car journeys so much fun.

Anyway, that was my short little post in which I make a genius wish. Now, goodbye mates. Be good. Embrace the awkward. Laugh when you attempt a ballet pose and then end up flat face-down on the kitchen floor. (True story. Happened yesterday. Shush.) Listen to good songs. But they are allowed to be stupid; but good kind of stupid. Also, be really, really, really friendly today - it's good to be really, really, really friendly. I know and God knows I need to work on that, so I'm going to try my hardest today and this week. You with me?

(Wow, I got unnecessarily deep. This was just supposed to be a short little post in which I make a Genius wish, remember?)

Now BYE.

Comments

  1. hahaa this is the best!! Especially for lonely travelers xD Seriously tho I SO WANT THIS - its way better than Siri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one made me laugh. A very nice wish.

    Psst! What's a tickety-boo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tickety-boo is a word Chummy always uses in CTM. (It was a 'trendy' word during the 50's, actually.) It's basically like the word 'nice.'

      'You're tickety-boo.' :-P

      Delete
    2. Remember when Dr Turner says it!?! =D

      Delete
  3. I like deep posts :-)

    You know, that's a really fantastic idea . . . I would pay A LOT OF MONEY for a GPS with a Jeeves-voice. "I fancy the turning directly ahead is the one you were inquiring after, sir." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A JEEVES VOICE. YES YES YES YES. Naomi, you're a genius.:)

    I know. It's really hard for me to be friendly too.

    ~Rilla Blythe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was literally just saying the other day that it would be so awesome if you could program your GPS to your favorite actor/actress' voice. <3 That would be PERFECTION. Great minds think alike, huh? ;)

    ~Eva

    P.S. My computer finally loaded your blog design and I love, love, love it. I think I like it more than your old one, too. I'm a big fan of simple designs. :)

    P.P.S. This is the beginning of my 'comment on more blog posts' campaign. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This needs to happen. I would definitely pay extra for it-- and that's saying a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I want both of these voices. I would pay to have them. Our GPS has a snippy voice and you can just hear her disapproving of our driving choices whenever we disobey her directions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny! I'd love to have one of those! Perhaps one of your followers is a product developer in disguise! :) You know another voice we could use? Carson's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha! This was great. A marvelously ingenious idea! I like it. :D

    This whole post was fun! Only...*gulp*...WHY did you have to mention being friendly? That's one of my worst things! And I just proved again how terrible I am at it by not talking to hardly anyone at church today! Ugh. :( No, but seriously. It was a good reminder. So thank you for that. I really do need to work on being more friendly. :)

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha... well, I'm not acquainted with these Call the Midwife Characters, but I love the idea. :D (Actually, I believe my family have had that idea at a dinner table discussion, before, too. ;)) Those boring stuck-up voices just really don't cut it... and who DOESN'T want a fun TV character in their car?!

    I thiiink I tried my best at being really really really friendly yesterday. I mean, I talked to countless different people, and I also met two girls (well, I met more but those two were the ones I talked to the most) who were my age and who liked reading and they liked L. M. Alcott and L.M. Montgomery and I was happy. :D (And they were home schoolers, of course. Haha. How could you think otherwise? I literally asked them if they're home schooled, and the next question that follows that one is always 'do you like reading?!')

    Oh, and I gave up LOOOONNGGG ago trying to do a ballet pose. But still I haven't given up hope to do a cartwheel eventually... SOMEDAY. SOMEDAY I'LL GET THERE.

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't give my opinion on Chummy, but a Jeeves voice? Yes, please!! :D

    (I love your "deep thoughts" that you threw in there. :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to be late, I've been swamped with schoolwork. :)
    Anyway, this is an awesome idea. A Jeeves GPS: yes please!!

    And on being friendly....well I love the idea in theory but it's super hard for me to be outgoing and talk to strangers. Do you find it easier to talk to strangers in certain places? For me it's at the used bookstore down from my house. Normally because I feel that their being at the bookstore means that they must be a kindred spirit. The people I have talked to though always seem slightly weirded out by a red-headed, nerdy girl such as myself. :)

    I just started watching Downton Abbey for the first time recently. Currently I'm in a "would someone slap Thomas/will Mary and Matthew fall in love already please" phase. :)
    Thanks for the lovely post!!
    -A Friendly Ghost who can't remember if i comes before e or e comes before i in the word friendly.
    Sigh.
    I need help.



    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, yes! A chummy gps? That IS a genius idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.