Anne of Green Gables Week / Tag!


What-ho, all. Today I wrote a stupid poem titled 'the imagination of Period Drama lovers' (if you are convincing enough I might yet embarrass myself by posting it online) and today I am wearing my new plaid shirt, because it's autumn and autumn means plaid shirts, right? October is a beautiful month - filled with boot-buyers, crumpled-up dead leaves, people disrespectfully playing with leaf corpses, dark evenings, shivery mornings and the cosy, delicious, indescribable scent of October. As Anne Shirley said, I'm so glad I live in a world with Octobers.

Hey, what do you know, speaking of Anne Shirley - Evie is hosting an Anne of Green Gables themed week at her blog!!! (Check it out, yo.) She posted a list of questions for all the Anne of Green Gables fans to answer, so obviously (um, duh) here I am with mine.



1. How did you get introduced to Anne of Green Gables?
My mother. I always knew I liked her. My mother got introduced to it by a friend of hers. And so on till way back when Lucy Maud Montgomery introduced it to the first other person who read it. So yeah, Lucy Maud Montgomery herself introduced me to Anne of Green Gables.

2. Are you more like Anne or Diana? Why?
Anne. Definitely. As much as I love Diana, I have the imagination of a Shirley and the whimsy of an Anne. (I do not chatter half as much (or as well) as Anne does, neither do I have red-hair genes. But I have green eyes! I have green eyes!)

3. If Rachel Lydne called your hair as red as carrots how would you react? 
I would ask her to reconsider the fact that carrots are red. They are not red. They are orange.

4. Gilbert or Morgan Harris? 
Who even is Morgan Harris?
;-)

5. Honest opinion on the third Anne film. 
I haven't seen it, and of course it would annoy me because it is in zero ways like any of the Anne sequels, I believe. But I'm sure it's a good movie as a separate story - if the characters would have other names and so on. But it's not about Anne and Gilbert. :-P

6. Have you seen the New Anne film? 
Do you mean the one with the tiny Gilbert and the brunette-Diana and the weird Anne? This one? No, I haven't. I've laughed over the trailer with Emma and my sister (many many times), and I kind of want to see it just to bash it. (You are right when you think I think it looks terrible. Ha.)
Anne of Green Gables already has a movie... no-one needs to redo it. :-)


7. What in your own words is a Kindred Spirit?
Someone who gives you icecream, of course.
(Okay, sorry. ;-) I know I should answer questions seriously, even though I sometimes am tempted not to because it's fun not to. Kindred Spirits are loyal, kind people who never fail to put you in a good mood.)

8.  Movie Gilbert or Green Gables Fables Gilbert?
I really love Green Gables Fables - and the Gilbert in it is awesome. BUT MOVIE GILBERT WINS, okay?!! The curls and the sparkly eyes and the grin and the Edwardian look... it wins. I love Gilbert.

9.  Does anyone know where we can watch Road to Avonlea online?
I've been scouring the interwebs for this answer as well. The first episode is on Youtube, but otherwise the search is useless. I want to watch Road to Avonlea SO BADLY though!!! Did you know Gilbert himself is in one of the episodes? That idea alone makes my fangirl heart so happy.

10. Favourite book cover?
This one. I'm in lurve.

11. The Films or The Books? 
The books will always be my original, real, Anne-places. They are filled with the real stories that Lucy Maud Montgomery wrote down, filled with lush detail and beautiful behind-the-scenes tidbits of characters that we don't get to see that well in the movies, I think. The books are beautiful and I love them way to much for my health.



Go and answer the questions yourself now. Here is Evie's post. Click on the 'here.' ;-)

Comments

  1. I watched the trailer for that supposed IMPOSTER ANNE MOVIE AND COUGHED. yes I seriously did. like what in the world?!?!? It should be banned! JUST THE MUSIC ALONE. and that was NOOOT Gilbert. NO WAY NO HOW. oh my gosh.... I'm fuming.

    *walks away shaking my head*

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...people disrespectfully playing with leaf corpses." Haha! What a lovely description, my dear. ;) (No, seriously. I liked it a lot! It made me laugh.)

    I enjoyed reading your answers. Your logical conclusion to no. 1 was awesome! :D And YES! Movie Gilbert is THE BEST! Of course I haven't actually seen Green Gables Fables, but I'm pretty sure my opinion would remain the same, even if I did. :)

    I really like the pictures you chose for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks. ;-)
      Green Gables Fables is really good though. I would recommend it even though movie Gilbert IS better.

      Delete
  3. First, I want to see that poem! Please share! (I'm bad at being convincing...I hope other people agree with me.)
    Second, I agree with all your answers! I wish I could have made my last answer as poetic as you made yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miiiiight. :-P
      Now I'm going to go to read your answers.

      Delete
  4. Even though I don't like Anne as much as Rilla, there is something incredibly charming about both the Anne books AND movies. (Especially the movies. I think I like the movies better than the books.) And I love, love, love the pictures you used for this post. So sweet!

    ~Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I like the books better. And I love Anne just as much as Rilla. ;-)
      Thanks, Eva!

      Delete
  5. There is an Anne Of Green Gables Week? And I haven't heard about it??! Thank you so much for remedying that!
    I agree, no matter how good the movie is, the book will always be the "real" story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was a sudden-just-happened-week, so that's probably why. :-)
      Amen.

      Delete
  6. You don't like the new Anne movie? Huh. I can't really comment because I'm not really an Anne of Green Gables fan in any way, shape, or form . . . BUT . . . I thought the scenery was fantastic.

    I MEAN. WILL YOU LOOK AT THEM RED CLIFFS. AND THAT SNOW.

    SNOW, I REPEAT. JUST LOOK AT IT.

    Ahem. Sorry. I got a little carried away . . . but I just really, really adore movies with beautiful outdoors scenery :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it's just not ANNE OF GREEN GABLES. :-P
      (Btw, there were six star wars characters at the party yesterday. You would have liked that. :-))

      Delete
    2. Yes, I would've LOVED that . . . Was Rey there? Just curious :-)

      Delete
    3. *looks up who Rey is*
      Oh, her. No, no-one did. But there was a girl dressed as the one with the buns in her hair. She was one of the winners when it came to best dressed. :-)

      Delete
  7. Just commenting again 'cause I'm pretty sure I forgot to hit the 'notify me' button when I put up my last comment. :P

    ~Eva

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! I am totally doing this tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Looking forward to your answers.

      Delete
  9. Hey! I remember sharing that trailer for the new Anne movie with you, and you acted excited! What gives? :) I think it's exciting they made another, because it has an awesome actor playing Matthew. I LOVE it when people remake movies. A new angle, new perspective, new voice. Apparently... I stand alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was excited at first, but then I watched the trailer and... well, I do honestly think it looks kinda bad. :-P But I still want to watch it, because it might well be fun!

      Delete
    2. I love it when people remake movies, too!! That is, I don't always necessarily love the end product, but it's so exciting to get a new perspective on the story and SEE if I like it better than the original. But I have a hard time getting people to agree with me :-)

      Delete
  10. "People disrespectfully playing with leaf corpses."

    Like, come on, Naomi, you do it too. :P


    I got a new plaid shirt recently, too!! What color is yours? Mine is pink and brown and I absolutely loooove it. <3

    Ooh, yes, please do post the poem!!! I'm sure it's not that bad. (Even if it is, we won't laugh. ;))

    Ha! Love your answer to Rachel Lynde.

    Morgan Harris, indeed. Hmph.

    Wow. That trailer. I actually think it looks KIND of cute, but in a "oh, haha that's a good try" sort of way. Of course, NO MOVIE ADAPTION EVER could compare with our real Anne. (And Gilbert.....whaaat?)

    I really need to watch Green Gables Fables.

    GILBERT IS IN ROAD TO AVONLEA!?!? I needs it. Now.

    Lovely tag and lovely answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Haha, okay, I admit. I do.)
      Mine is white and black - I've been wearing it this whole week. :-)
      I know - MORGAN HARRIS indeed. :-P I know, the trailer is kiiiinda cute, but not at ALL like the REAL one. :-)
      Green Gables Fables is lovely!

      Delete
    2. (Heehee, I knew it. ;))
      White and black is so classy. It must be adorable! :D

      Delete
  11. Gracious, that trailer was so terrible that I almost couldn't watch to the end. Anne and Gilbert and all the rest look like, eight. Anne's hair looks like such a fake red. And why? WHY does there need to be another Anne of Green Gables?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This kind of funny, but along the lines of Anne of Green Gables..... My family has twelve chicks that we are hoping will all be hens and no roosters, but that's beside the point. One of them is really starting to show some gingery feathers. I already named one chick Ginger, so I decided this one should be name Carrots. I managed to get a literary reference in the names of our chickens. :)

    Sarah
    www.sewcharacteristicallyyou.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so I do think it interesting to see different versions and remakes of movies. Some remakes can be much better than the original. I mean if it weren't for remakes of the same thing we wouldn't have the 2009 BBC version of Emma, or even the BBC Pride and Prejudice (just considering how many movies had been made before). However, in this case, I do wonder why they had to remake it. Gilbert looks only in grade school, and he was supposed to be almost 14. It will always be Meghan Follows for me. (There are some movies that I will always be a die hard about a certain version and won't change my allegiance)

      Sarah
      www.sewcharacteristicallyyou.com/blog

      Delete
  13. I loved reading your answers! I didn't really know that there was a newer Anne of Green Gables until I answered the questions, so I watched the trailer and the whole time I was thinking, "What is this?!" Haha! The actor playing Gilbert looks nothing like him--so funny!

    I looove that cover of Anne of Green Gables, too; that's actually the version I have!

    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, lovely answers, Naomi...what a delightful tag! And your blog design is stunning, by the way...

    Blessings,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. This makes me want to go back a re-read Anne.
    By the by, I tagged you: http://writeornotwrite.blogspot.com/2016/10/q-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Intrigued by what everyone was saying, I just watched the trailer for the new Anne of Green Gables movie and I actually really liked it! They've *finally* cast Marilla correctly and yes, although Gilbert is not nearly Gilbert-y enough, I like enough of what I see to want to watch it.I don't feel any loyalty to the 80s movies so I really don't care there's a new movie as long as it's faithful to the book. (I can see from the new trailer that this movie will have a few discrepancies to the book but fingers crossed they're at a minimum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you should still watch the third Anne movie, Naomi. ;) I absolutely love the first two, (especially the first ONE) but I still really like the last one! I mean, Naomi, it has their WEDDING in it! Don't you want to see their wedding?! (And don't you dare go and just watch the wedding scene.)

    And I agree that new Anne movie's Gilbert DOES look tiny. (Although I think the new Diana looks VERY pretty. Although, the 'old' Diana was, too. :) It didn't hurt that she was the niece (or grand-niece or something like that) of Katherine Hepburn.)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.