Sunday, 27 November 2016

5 Things on the Internet that annoy me


Happy first day of Advent. Happy National Craft Jerky Day. (No seriously, that's a thing.) Happy National Bavarian Cream Pie Day. (If you think I'm making this up, I'm not.) Today I'm going to complain about things on the Internet. Because it's fun. And because Internet can be extremely, extremely annoying. And yet, we're carried away by it and have patience for it.

1. Long intros on Youtube videos
UGH I HATE THIS.
This is probably the one that annoys me the most, and it's everywhere on Youtube. If you don't know what I'm talking about, well, let me elaborate. Many Youtubers, when they start a video, called say, 'DIY's for Christmas' they start the video with something like, 'wassup, guys!' and then they explain what they're going to do in the video. This I can manage. But then so often they just ramble on and on. Often they even say 'like this video!' in the INTRO. Like, NO! SO FAR THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN VERY BORING. And sometimes they say stuff like, 'Oh and one more thing...' and then finally after like a four minute intro, they say, 'Now let's get into the video!'
AS IF THE VIDEO HASN'T STARTED YET.
It HAS!
The video starts from 0:00. Duh.
So I get why people do intros, and short intros are fine. But really, even those aren't needed. Viewers aren't STUPID. They will get from the title that a video called 'DIY's for Christmas' is 'DIY's for Christmas.'  If it's a music video, they will get, okay, as soon as the video starts that it's a song. There is no need to explain. People can figure it out for themselves by just watching the video. And reading the title.
Rant over. Next rant.

2. Buzzfeed
Nuff said. Ugh.
The clickbait, the stupid useless-ness of it and the way it grabs time with meaningless articles about 'what cheese are you' and 'ten things that will make you say legit' or whatever. Buzzfeed makes me loose hope for humanity. Buzzfeed should read Ecclesiastes and realise how meaningless they are.

*insert random cute picture*


3. When ads don't even load!
Ads are an immense nuisance. Period. But what really takes the giddy biscuit is when they don't load and you have to WAIT FOR SOMETHING YOU HATE. *turns off caps* *turns off italics* You know what I'm talking about, right? When you're going to watch a video, and there's an ad before the video and then wifi gets bad and the ad won't load. Just... I WANT TO WATCH THE VIDEO. But there's an ad. And I have to go through the ad before the video - I accept that. But when the ad doesn't load... ugh, the way it plays on my patience. I'm quitting.

4. Serious 'sexy' selfies
WHY.
Serious selfies annoy me sooo much. I love selfies, I'm not one of those 'ughh teens with their stupid selfies' people - but SMILE PLEASE. THAT'S THE POINT. I don't get why people go all serious on pictures. It's not professional, or chique, or glam, or hot. It just looks plumb ridiculous. And then of course there are comments with like, 'OMG YOU'RE SO PRETTY' which makes me roll my eyes which makes the older generation turn around in their graves. (Duck-face selfies, of course, are terrible too. But I think we can all agree on that and don't need to talk about it. *shudder*)

5. Repost if you...
Repost if you love Jesus. Pin if you would stay up all night to convince out of suicide. Repost if your best friend is beautiful. Okay, these are all true and I've seen all of them, BUT I'M NOT GONNA REPOST. And that doesn't make me less of a human... I just don't want to repost it! I don't need to repost something to prove that this is true. This just bothers me because it makes me feel guilty about not spending some extra time posting something which will make other people feel exactly the same. Why is this a THING. :-P


(Also: We don't need another make-up tutorial. Or another cover of Let it Go. Or a duck-face selfie. And Instagram, I know legs exist. Stoppit.)

What are some things online that annoy you?
And I fully realise I sound like a very grumpy person in this post. Share if you agree. Like and subscribe and don't forget to comment! (Yeah, people say that way to much. If the post is good: You will get comments and likes and followers. But begging makes one sound so desperate!) (I find it hilarious when Youtubers with MILLIONS of followers say the 'Like and subscribe' thing. As if they're scared of not getting enough attention.)

25 comments:

  1. Duck-face selfies- what are they!!?!??!
    And yes, I hate serious pouty selfies!!! You don't look sexy, you look grumpy!!!
    And repost things too- yes. My Mum is terrible for putting sick-inducing memes on her facebook as is my sister! Bleurgh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's an example of a duck-face selfie: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1258/0965/files/blog_selfie-duck-face.jpg?8127392146004477346
      I don't get why it's a thing. :-P
      I KNOW. I AGREE IT LOOKS GRUMPY. :-) Hahahaha family on facebook. :-)

      Delete
  2. Youtube videos where the intro is long annoys me so much too! Sometimes I will try to find the real beginning but that's often times difficult!
    www.itssimplyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YouTube ads are actually getting longer lately. As if that was even possible. It's a crime and an outrage. Sometimes I feel like I should get AdBlock, or something . . .

    What do you mean, you don't like "serious" selfies??? WHAT IF YOU JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE A SERIOUS FACE IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEN WHAT. Because I do have one. And I'm not going to smile in a photo that I don't FEEL like smiling in. If I feel like looking serious I shall look serious, Jeeves, and that's that.

    Just pointing that out. :-)

    *rant over*

    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I love your photo of Julie Andrews holding the baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got adblock yesterday woot!! It's SOO much nicer already. :-)

      Well I mean more like the 'ohhh I think I'm sexy' selfies. THOSE annoy me a LOT. :-)
      But isn't everyone's face 'serious' in the first place? Like, why not look happy when taking a photo? :-P

      I know, dey are so cute. It's her daughter she's holding.

      Delete
    2. I don't like to smile for photos. So if I don't have to, I don't. *shrugs defiantly*

      :-P

      I should seriously send you a non-smiling selfie, then you would know what I was talking about. I just like to have my "thinking face" on, ya know what I mean?

      Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

      Delete
  4. So true...

    I especially don't like the "repost if". Especially the one that says, "Jesus saw you read this..." To me, that's just odd.

    Also, Blimey Cow, on YouTube, have sponsors and spend almost half (I might be exaggerating just a tad) of their video promoting their sponsors! (They actually did a video about how to know when a YouTuber is selling out on you. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, as if God is going to be offended by someone not posting a picture. Honestly. They just make people feel bad, those pics do. (And honestly, the whole concept makes me laugh. It's ridiculous.)

      Hahahaha, I actually love how Blimey Cow laughs at their own sponsor-ing and how they turn the video into the ad at the end, ha. I agree that it's kinda annoying when it's very long, but I love the Messy Mondays so much I don't really mind. As long as they post! :-)

      Sponsered by audible, go to audible dot com slash cow to get your FREE audible book TODAY. :-P

      I bet that rings a bell. :-)

      Delete
    2. Yep, indeed! I feel the same. I'll just fast forward or get settled while they go through that. ;) LOVE Messy Mondays!!!

      Delete
  5. YES! What kind of cheese are you? Ads that wont load? You have read my everyday thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, good. :-) What cheese are you. HONESTLY THOUGH. IT'S SO STUPID.

      Delete
  6. Good list. (those "repost" posts though...)

    I would add social media debates where people throw around blanket statements and foul language and insults and really accomplish nothing. I've seen it a lot lately with the recent election. #unimpressed :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'm SURE you've seen a lot of pointless, whiny, stupid debates lately. I'm not on facebook but I've seen enough online to make me sick of them. :-P

      Delete
  7. Oooh! The adds thing! I TOTALLY agree. Adds are annoying, but adds that won't load are doubly so!! :P

    That picture of Julie Andrews! Awwww. That is adorable! (Is that her child she's holding, do you think?) Oh, goodness! I just looked at it again. SUCH CUTENESS! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGREED.
      And yes, it's her daughter! Aren't they cuuuute?

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, yes to all of these!!!
    Buzzfeed is the actual worst, I can't stand them
    and I hate the "repost if.." They're terrible! There are so many on Facebook where it's like "repost for Jesus, ignore for the devil." And I'm like really? That's terrible! Ugh, the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, "repost for Jesus, ignore for the devil" THAT'S TERRIBLE. Like, I LOVE JESUS AND I HATE THE DEVIL BUT I'M GOING TO IGNORE THIS WHATEVER YOU SAY. :-P Our love for the Lord is not defined by Facebook pics. Goodness. Really. :-)

      Delete
  9. Aww man, Buzzfeed and selfies are the absolute worst, and pretty much everything you listed in this post! The internet sucks sometimes:p

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love grumpy posts. Grumpy posts make me happy.

    And yes, a very large percent of the internet in most annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so impatient with youtube videos. I always skip intros and sometimes never even finish videos. Like, get to the pooooiinnnnt.

    " Buzzfeed should read Ecclesiastes and realise how meaningless they are." YES.

    Point #5. Hahahaha. Me.

    I find that funny about popular youtubers, too. WHY do we need to be reminded to like and subscribe every time? We know how youtube works. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES, YES, YES, YES, YEEEESSSS. ALL OF THESE.
    ESPECIALLY the last one. I HATE those...honestly, when I do see something I agree with and *might* share, I think "I'd share that if it didn't tell me to." Really, those are the worst.
    I love rants, especially your rants. This was great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, this was most amusing. ;)

    Ugh, yes, intro in Youtube videos are VERY annoying... honestly you could just muffle their voices and have the words blah-de-blah on the screen and it would be more entertaining.

    I was going to say something about buzzfeed but THAT PICTURE OF JULIE ANDREWS DESTROYED ANY THOUGHTS I HAD BY THE ADORABLE CUTENESS OF IT!!! <3 <3 <3

    OH YES WHEN ADDS DON'T LOAD!!!! That's enough to make my blood boil. :P

    *snorts and giggles* Okay okay - SOME serious selfies are alright, but I agree, most, especially the ones where people try to look 'sexy', are awful. (And the only reason people do duckface is to show off their cheekbones, because apparently it's very 'IN' to have distinct cheekbones.)

    Yeah, I completely ignore reposts. ;)

    And I'm so confused - why DO people say 'like, subscribe, comment' on every video?! I mean, is it obligatory, on YouTube?! WHY?!!! :P I've ALWAYS wanted to know. Because it does not make sense to me.

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
  14. I eel like I can't stop saying this, but I loved this post, Naomi! It made me laugh. Also - I agree. With all of it. Amen. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.