Saturday, 24 December 2016

In which I wish you all a Merry Christmas. (Duh.)


Merry Christmas, human-skeleton-possessors.

May your day be merry and bright. 
By bright I mean cosy and dark but also with Christmas lights and candles and by cosy I mean Christmas songs and familiar faces and maybe a Christmas jumper hug or two.
May you smell the scent of pine cones and crackers just being cracked. 
May you tell people silly Christmas jokes like: "What's the difference between a Christmas alphabet an a normal alphabet? The Christmas one has No L." (looooooool. Wow. Hilaaaarious.)
May you consider gifts a detail of the day rather than the highest moment of the day and may you avoid singing typos on Church service sheets like I did last year; singing 'did the wide men enter there' rather than 'did the wise men.'
May you have a great day and may you reread the Christmas Story.
And by reread I mean rethink.
May you eat chocolate, say 'Merry Christmas' and never 'Happy Holidays', may you light fires and may you end the day with a smile on your face.

Merry Christmas, girls and boys, Merry Christmas.

11 comments:

  1. You beautiful soul my dear friend. Merry Christmas to you too!
    Evie and D
    Ps Prayers for a safe flight would be appricated.
    PPS
    Night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also the reason why we're commenting under Anon is my laptops run out of charge and I forgot the charger so I'm using my iPod. :-)
    Evie
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last thing from me. I'm also really sorry to hear of the girl you knew. Praying for you and her family and friends
    E

    ReplyDelete
  4. MERRY CHRISTMAS NAOMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I love this post. So much.

    *lots of hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas!!!

    Have lots of glorious fun with your family. I am currently wallowing in that lovely situation :D

    *hugs* *more hugs* *even more hugs* *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your writing is so fun, and this post was perfect!

    Merry Christmas, Naomi! And thank you for your kindness to me as a new girl on blogger :)

    God bless you in the new year.
    - Elanor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, dear.<3

    ~Rilla Blythe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. That joke though. ;P

    I know this is a day late, but Merry Christmas to you, too!!! I hope your day was wonderful!! :D

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
  9. Know this is late but I hope you had a Merry Christmas! So glad I found your blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas, Naomi, and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.