Saturday, 14 January 2017

The Big Bang needs a Big Banger.

 (I started copying out some random verses I love and I scrambled some of them together and this is what I got. Words aren't my own. :-)) (I know it's short, but it's beautiful. Read it through slowly and taste each sentence.)


The heavens declare the glory of God. The skies proclaim the work of His Hands. Day after day, they pour forth speech; night after night, they display knowledge. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. Know that the Lord, He is God! It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. O Lord, you preserve both man and beast. How priceless is your unfailing love! Your love, o Lord, reaches to the heavens; your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains. Your justice is like the great deep. By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me. Send your light and your truth. Let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.

12 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is really insightful and beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it <3 Thank you for sharing.

    "Emitte lucem tuam et veritatem tuam; ipsa me deduxerunt et adduxerunt in montem sanctum tuum, et in tabernacula tua."

    (The last verse you included. In Latin. No, I did not translate that myself--I just lifted it out of my prayer book. I'm not THAT good. ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. "At night his song is with me ..."

    I loved this, Naomi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.

    This reminds me of a selection from a devotional called Daily Light. Basically, what the devotional does is take a particular theme for each day of the year (like the Creation, for example) and then strings together verses into one cohesive whole, pretty much exactly what you did. I think you'd love it. :)

    Oh, and I found it online! http://www.dailylightdevotional.org/ :)

    ~Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! Definitely will take a look at that!

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful, Naomi! I love how well all the verses flow together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, Naomi. :) <3

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so beautiful. (I know been said before, but it can be said again and again.) The Lord is awesome in the truest sense of the word. I found this inspiring and it has me excited for my evening devotions. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is TRUTH!

    Thanks for sharing, Naomi! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.