Saturday, 11 February 2017

Valentiney Stuff


I'm happily single, but happily appreciative of Valentiney, Romancey Stuff. I, therefore, like many other lovely single ladies, celebrate this month of Romance in my own way... on my own. (No, I didn't suppress a sob while declaring my current state of I-have-no-bae-ness. I have tons of lovely friends and I just read To Kill a Mockingbird and I'm listening to Carrie Underwood so yeah, why would I complain? Really. Keep it together.) (Also, chocolate. There's more when you're single because you don't have to share.) (I realise it's not V-day yet, but I'm an early bug when it comes to cute couples.)

Here are some Valentiney Stuff that give me LOADS AND LOADS OF FEELSIES. Enjoy.


Because Downton Abbey couples always deserve a mention in posts about Romance. Tom + Sybil's epic romance always makes my heart melt and ugh lets not even talk about the disgusting adorableness of Matthew and Mary. (I can't NOT talk about these without italics. They are the epitome of cute.)



This random wedding video made me cry buckets and I don't even know these people. How. I love them and I love how they really, really, really want their marriage to be all about Jesus. Also, they're crazy cute together so that helps.


A buncha random cute pictures I found online. Because it's adorable.



OKAY SO THIS VIDEO. I know, the dude's hair is terrible (okay, fine, it's not my style) but this couple is honestly so so adorable and I now want to have a surprise wedding too. Their passion to have Jesus-centred lives is just heart-warming and I love it when they just cry and laugh and look at each other and then cry and laugh some more. (Yes, I get attached to random people in youtube videos. Welcome to my life.)




Excuse me while I die. TOM AND BARBARA TOM AND BARBARA TOM AND BARBARA. They're seriously so cute that I am at loss for words. (*cue Marilla Cuthbert rolling her eyes at this loss-for-words-fiddlesticks.*) I'm afraid Marilla would roll her eyes a lot at me; especially when I start talking about Emma and Knightley. Just look at these two:



JUST YES. AND YES. I LOVE THEM.



However, of course, the award for the cutest couple ever ever EVER goes to Minnie and Alfie in Lark Rise to Candleford. These two are so freakin adorable together it's literally TIRING to watch. (No, really.)


This is my favourite couple-in-love-song I have ever listened to. (At least, at the moment. These things change.) Carrie Underwood's voice is fire and lightning and roses and candles all rolled into one, and this song is so passionate and calm and soothing and beautiful AHHH I LOVE IT. (Let's listen to it together.)



... if this post doesn't make you appreciate romance, I don't know what will. Happy Valentine's day, folks. If you're single, don't mourn your singleness but yeah, do squeal over cute couples because it makes life a great deal rosier and it's really fun. (Do talk about your favourite cute couples in the comments because I can always do with more sappiness.)

20 comments:

  1. Hi! It isn’t Valentine day yet, but I feel the air in the air… At least in my house with my husband hehehe . Downton Abbey… I’m afraid I had a crush on this series until season 3 when Tom… you know… I didn’t go on with Downton Abbey, sorry, but I can feel a twinge in my heart of it still.

    I love those pictures about one pure love, caress and respect each other. I can stay tons of hours watching it on Pinterest hehe.

    Call the Midwife is in my bucket list (Please don’t throw me stones!) I hadn’t Internet until a few month and I have now a long list for watching, for example, I must finish first “Lark Rise to Candleford” Yes… I have work.
    Good day for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best way to celebrate V-Day is with other single friends with period dramas and chocolate on the side. Watching When Calls The Heart this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots and lots of chocolate :)

      -Lia
      catholicgirlstuff.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. I love this Naomi!!! I always sort of forget Valentine's Day exists, and then it happens and I'm like, oh yeah, we have a holiday in February. This makes me excited though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Naomi!! I love all the pictures. I actually haven't seen Downton Abbey, I might have to start watching it.

    -Lia
    catholicgirlstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!!! Minnie and Alfie! Did you know you're the one who made me want to watch Lark Rise? So glad you posted about the show because now it's one of my favorites!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I am definitely getting into a cute, Valentine's Day mood now! You covered the best of the cute couples, but I also really like Jo March and Professor Behr (in the movie anyways), and Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. Again, moreso in the movie than in real life. The movie/show really "romantisizes" the whole thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely the best way to do Valentine's Day--being happy for other people. I approve 100%. *nods sagely*

    Carrie Underwood's voice is THE BOMB. She's got such an amazing gift. I love her so much.

    This is probably my favorite romantic song right now: Westlife's cover of "The Rose," https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTCQBuYhq_s. It's a LITTLE cheesy . . . but it really inspires me and I always get happy and optimistic listening to it :-) So I don't care.

    You're making me want to watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's" again--it's one of my top favorite love stories right now . . . <3

    ReplyDelete

  8. "There's more when you're single because you don't have to share." XD That made me laugh. Wisdom and truth right there, Naomi.XD You got it girl.;)

    OK that first video made me tear up, but that second one literally gave me chills!! (The dude's hair IS terrible.;)) They are so sweet. And I loved loved LOVED how they chose their bridesmaids and best men.(Or whatever the guys are called who aren't the best man. What are they called??!!)

    Emma and Mr.Knightley....so glad you included them.<3 Aargh he's so perfect right? I'm not settling for anyone that isn't like him.;)

    Cute couples... Marguerite and Percy Blakeney. I love that they both overcome their ideas of each other and then love each other even harder.

    And then of course Joe Bradley and Ann from Roman Holiday.<3 Definition of adorableness.:)

    Happy early Valentine's to you, dear! May it be full of chocolate and pink and good feels.:)

    ~Rilla Blythe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my I'm so glad someone commented about the wedding videos because I really want to talk about them with someone hahaha. RIIIGHT? I love the bit where they told their friends to come and be bridesmaids and groomsmen (I think that's what's they're called) - it's honestly one of the most creative and heartwarming wedding videos I've ever seen. LOVE THEM.

      Joe and Ann! I alllmost added them into this post. They're goals. :-)

      Delete
    2. My friend forgot what they were and called them dudesmaids.

      Delete
    3. Haha I love that. Dudesmaids.

      Delete
    4. AHA GROOMSMEN. You have now set my mind at peace.;)

      I know...Joe and Ann are PRECIOUS.<3

      ~Rilla Blythe

      Delete
  9. Hehe, lovely post, Naomi! I never really associated Valentine's day with Romance-y stuff at all... to me it was always just about candy. XD
    I guess when I get a 'bae' (or whatever :D) I will feel differently.
    But I enjoyed your post just the same. :)
    -Amaris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, just watching that video makes me love Barbara and Tom, too. THEY LOOK SO ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I AM A HUGE FAN of Tom and Sybil's romance as well as Matthew and Mary. I was very distraught when they killed Matthew off especially after the birth of his son. Anyway, I did my own version of Valentine's stuff on my blog as well. I shared a sneak peak from my current Work in Progress. If you care to take a look, you can find it here: https://gabrielleemmons.blogspot.com/2017/02/love-is-in-air.html.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, this was sweet. :)

    It's all lovely, but frankly, I can only think about 2 things:

    One, those wedding videos!!! Yep, I love watching videos like that. :D I've seen several perfectly darling ones... <3 The first one was ssooo lovely! And the second one was so different! I've never even considered a 'surprise wedding'! (And UGH, that guy's hair! *gags*) But I LOVE how they were both so Jesus-focused. It was glorious. :)

    Two, the La La Land gif. I'm having trouble getting over that movie. I think it's affecting me. I went and saw it again, actually, less than two weeks ago. *happy sigh*

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.