Monday, 8 May 2017

7 images + 7 thoughts


1. Sometimes you've just gotta curl up in bed and watch an old black-and-white movie. I did that the other day. (That is, several weeks ago.) I watched Top Hat on my phone and it was uncomfortable and I had a stiff neck but it was fine. Not the best movie, and some stuff in it made me roll my eyes but Ginger and Fred are a fine duo and nothing beats their tappin' shoes and her swoony gowns next to his dapper tux. You've got to love these two. Pretty classic. (*Goes off singing I'm fancy free, I'm free from everything faaaancy*)

2. Just a random picture of a couple holding hands. I like me some sappiness. Also I love the sleeves of the wedding gown. I do like a wedding dress with long sleeves. I was looking at Kate Middleton's wedding dress the other day (because t'was their wedding anniversary last month so I had such a legitimate reason you know) and for real, her dress was a beauty.

3. Give me this outfit. Rather cute. And yes, I know this post is random.

4. Okay, so walls. I LOVE A GOOD WALL. I need to redo mine because I keep on seeing such artistic and wanderlustlike pictures of walls filled with gorgeous things that mine feels like a two-year-old's handywork. I love the boho-feel of this one here. (I'm rolling my eyes at my randomness right now. But I know you don't mind. And neither do I. #randomnessforthewin.) (The only thing I don't like about random posts is that they're kind of embarrassing if someone I know 'in real life' reads my blog. There's something about random posts that makes me sound embarrassing. But write the posts I shall.)

5. I DO SO APPRECIATE SUNSETS AND THE WAY THEY SHED LIGHT ON PEOPLE'S SILHOUETTES.

6. So this was a pin on pinterest and it says "Does it bother anyone else that there are parts in your life that you don't remember? You have done and said things that you don't even know about anymore. That means you don't even have the right perception of yourself because you don't even fully know who we are. However, something you have forgotten about could be a prominent memory in somebody else's mind. It trips me out." << That made me think and feel powerless. I love things that remind us of how powerless and small we are and how we don't have our own existence under control because it makes me trust all the more in my God.

7. Ah, Ecclesiastes. The book where I can underline all verses to claim them my favourite. And now I've discovered another. Here's the whole verse: "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet  no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Isn't that beautiful? I find it hard sometimes to remember that eternity is what really matters - in fact, it's the only thing that lasts and thus the only thing that matters. No matter how exciting summer planning is, no matter how stressful exams are... eternity has been stitched into my heart. (The translation with the word stitched in it... I love it.)

I'll be off. Hope everyone's doing well. Enjoy the last shreds of blossom while they're there; a great summer is looming ahead. (Yes, Aussies, not talking to you. ;-))

13 comments:

  1. 1. We just watched Top Hat recently, too! It wasn't the best black and white movie ever, but I did enjoy Fred Astaire's character, and there were some pretty hilarious parts in it. Plus Fred Astaire's dancing was great (as usual). ;)

    2. That is such a sweet picture! <3

    6. What a neat thought. To think that some of the things you've forgotten about yourself may be strongly etched on somebody else's mind. That's just...wow.

    7. Ecclesiastes. Yes. I have quite a few verses underlined in that book myself. It's great stuff though! (Oh, and I love the word "stitched", too.)

    Your kind of randomness is great, Naomi! I don't know why you think it's embarrassing. :P

    Thanks for a lovely post. And have a lovely day!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it, Naomi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun to read :-) I like long-sleeved wedding dresses, too; but I wouldn't wear one . . . I don't look good in dresses with long sleeves. Short sleeves suits my style much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched my first Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movie Saturday, Swing Time. I don't like Astaire much, he gets under my skin or something. And I'm not always crazy about watching dancing, but does Top Hat have good songs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shouldn't be laughing as hard as I am over that last remark about us Aussies.. but here I am.. oh Naomi dear thank you for a lovely post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, who even needs an excuse to look at Kate Middleton's wedding dress? It's simply gorgeous! :) And Princess Charlotte just had another birthday, too, by the way! Your outfit pin made me realize I can pull that one off with what I have in my closet...maybe I'll start a fashion blog! ;)
    Ooh yes, I get squirmy at number 6! My mind often wanders down that philisophical path, but yes you're absolutely right about how we are not complete masters of ourselves and that humanity is fragile.
    The blossoms by me are still coming into bloom...we have tulips and daffodils right now, and lilacs are slowly but surely getting ready to blossom. But it's good they didn't yet, since we had frost last night! All the poor plants at supermarkets got frostbite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool post, Naomi! I especially liked the wedding picture one :)

    By the way, I tagged you for the Liebster Award: http://catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com/2017/05/liebster-blog-award.html

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love random posts like this XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is pretty darn good-I enjoyed it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeekk, wow, I'd never thought about #6 before... now I'm freaked out.

    Also... *puts hands on hips* So now you're not even TALKING to us Aussies anymore?! Dear, dear - why is everyone from the northern hemisphere so condescending! (Just kidding. ;P It made me smile.)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, there!
    About the nice wall. When I was younger and I lived with my parent, I wanted to design my bedroom's wall but my mother didn't let me. Now I'm married and I don't want to do it... nuts ¬.¬

    The rest is so beautiful, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post! I definitely love a good wall myself - I wish I had time to decorate mine. I also agree with you when you said that you "love things that remind us of how powerless and small we are and how we don't have our own existence under control because it makes me trust all the more in my God." I also love the book of Ecclesiastes! My favorite Bible verse comes from there - "Sorrow is better than laughter because when the face is sad, the heart grows wiser." (Ecc 7:3)

    Looking forward to more posts <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your random posts. <3 (But haha, I relate about hoping no one I know in real life reads them. ;))

    I totally love sunset silhouettes too!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.